Anyone who has frequented the coupon and money savings sites knows they tell you that you need to stockpile. Not stockpile like the crazies they showed on Extreme Couponing last week but just enough of everything to last for 6 weeks. Grocery sales go in 6 week cycles so something you can get at a great price now you should buy to last you 6 weeks and then look for another sale as you start getting low on it because it will likely be coming back around again.
This sounds simple enough until you actually try to do it. You need to have a plan of what you are going to need in the house to prepare your meals and for snacks for the kids etc for that entire 6 weeks and you need to start with it.
So todays task is a rather simple one - a list of meals for the next 6 weeks and the ingredients I need to prepare them as well as snacks and anything else we would need to start with for the next 6 weeks.
I also want to get back on the blog today and share with you some of the deal sites I visit regularly and the ways in which I am trying to start saving for things like birthdays and next christmas (yes next christmas already)
No comments:
Post a Comment